Hey guys! I recently had the privilege of interviewing Irina Whittlesey, a CrossFit coach, to talk about the benefits of CrossFit. As a special side note, Irina has her own podcast and blog called The Versatile Athlete. Irina told me about the many benefits that CrossFit offers and how it is different from having a regular gym membership. If you’ve ever considered CrossFit here are some of the benefits we discuss:
1. Strength: Become physically and mentally strong.
2. Endurance: Go harder – last longer.
3. Motivation: The coaches and other participants cheer you on.
4. Coaching: Have a knowledgeable person guiding you all they way.
5. Premade Workout Plans: Workout of the Day (WOD) is different everyday.
6. Nutrition: CrossFit gyms may also provide nutrition coaching.
7. Weight Loss: Getting lean and mean? CrossFit can do that for you.
8. Community: Make friends and take the CrossFit journey together.
9. Accomplish: Reach goals that you didn’t think you could.
Hop Valley CrossFit in Yakima Washington is owned and operated by Robb & Jenn Paul. Hear their story and learn more here: hopvalleycrossfit.com
Special Notes: Some CrossFit gyms may offer a free class as a way to let people try it out. CrossFit gyms typically have a monthly membership fee with a minimum commitment period. Contact your local CrossFit gym to learn more about their pricing structure and what they offer.